Friday, July 14, 2006

Headlines ...

I've been reading about Israel and the war over there and it got me to thinking again about just how much I take for granted ALL the time. Wars and more wars and more wars ... I guess that's the way it's alway been, but no one ever seems to heed history.

And then I was reading about the serial killers in Phoenix, AZ. People are scared to even leave their house at night because they have not 1, but TWO serial killers at large, just killing random people. Reminds me of the snipers in DC from a few years ago.

Then I read about the molesting teacher who got probation for having sex with one of her 13 year old students, yet she's STILL sending him nude photos and now it's back to jail she goes. (If she had been a man, there wouldn't have even been a THOUGHT about probation to begin with).

I typically try to avoid being political or depressing in this blog cuz there are plenty of other places 4 that, but fuck, who needs to try? Just read a few headlines!

Good vs. evil, right vs. wrong, all this talk about revelations and living in the last days ... I think that all of civilization after Jesus was resurrected has been the last days, really. There has always been overwhelming evil in the world, but yet we always manage to survive, to advance, to reach 4 the light.

Is there really some kind of despicable darkness in each of us? I mean, really, where does it come from? How does the soul die enough inside a person to make them capable of extreme acts of violence and hatred? I don't understand it, and I pray to God I never will.

"Children waiting for the day they feel good ..." - Gary Jules, Mad World

Check out Saturn on I-Tunes!
Get Saturn's CDs at CDBaby!
Check out Saturn on MySpace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home